Sunday, April 15, 2007

Easter in Rusestii Noi

I really can't believe that I just experienced my second, and last Easter here in Moldova!! How the time is flying. I had a great time celebrating Easter, this year in Rusestii Noi, with my first host family. L to R: Host Mama Tasea, Tantia Iona, Me, neighbor Olga This little girl is the niece of a friend, and she turned out to be a very bright, somewhat exhausting 5-year old. She was absolutely fascinated with my digital camera, and although, I would normally not just hand my camera over to a five year old, she was an exceptionally bright and gifted one. Plus, she was in love with the thing. So, I let her run around with it for a while, and snap some photos. It turns out she's actually pretty good at it. The first and last pictures in this blog were taken by her. The funny part of it was that she would tell us she was going to take a picture, so we would all begin to arrange ourselves for best angles, etc..., look for pretty things (like Easter eggs) to put in the picture, etc...and when we felt we were all ready for the photo we would say ok, and she would say "I already took it". So, she got some pretty funny candid shots of us getting ready for normal pictures. haha! Cute kid. But being her parent would be exhausting I think. :) Oh here's one of those candid photos, where they thought they were prepping for a picture but were acually being photographed. Here's me and my favorite host sister Viorica. I still want to find a way to get her to the States. She's the greatest!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home