Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Zimbabwean Wildlife

We had the chance to see so many amazing animals while in zimbabwe. I have thrown in just a few of the many wildlife pictures that we took. So, sit back, and enjoy the safari! There were monkeys and baboons everywhere! Sometimes, it's hard to tell which is which. For example: what are these? monkeys or baboons? :) There were quite a few warthogs, and boy are they ugly!!! Every time I saw one, I kept wanting to burst into songs from the Lion King. I couldn't help it! "When I was a young warthog!" "When he was young warthog!" "I found my aroma lacked a certain appeal. I could clear the Savannah after every meal. And oh the shame!!" "he was ashamed" "Thought of changing my name!" "What's in a name?" "And I got downhearted every time that I_" "Pumba! Not in front of the kids!" Giraffes are oddly graceful animals. They have almost an ethereal quality about them. I think it's because they are so huge, that they always look like they're moving in slow motion. They were Jess' favorite animal. She said it was because they were both tall, skinny, and freckled. hehehe... Oh look! Another monkey!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Mishie said...

I love the giraffes(sp?) becky has a video of them running on her camera it was amazing!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Mishie said...

I definately think the two in the top picture are monkeys for sure...well...maybe babboons. :)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home