Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Life in Recea

O.K. On to my new village. I have been in Recea for about two months now. This is where I will be spending the next two years, and where I will hopefully be able to help the community meet some of its needs. I live with Mama Genia, as I call her (her real name is Eugenia). She is 67 years old and one tough woman. Her husband passed away in April, and she lives in a two story house by herself. She singlehandedly cares for a pig, chickens, dogs, cats, takes care of the garden and all the land she owns. I am really enjoying getting to know her. I don't know how she does it, but she makes all her food from scratch, and most everything she makes comes from her garden. Not only is she tough, but she is also very sweet, and a great host mom. She is always feeding me, which is why I have to run so much, and she gives me lots of freedom. She's great company, and I know we will get very close these next two years. In this picture, she is holding a cake that she made for me for my birthday. What a woman!! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home