Monday, October 09, 2006

Mmmm! Tastes Like Chicken!

Yup folks! That's how we do it here in Moldova! First we tai (which literally translates "cut", but means to kill) the chicken, and then hold the head, and body over a fire to singe all the feathers off. Next thing you know, you've got a chicken head floating in your zeama (chicken soup). Don't tell my host mom, but I snuck the chicken head to the kittens when she wasn't home. Is that bad? You can't see the flame here, but this chicken head is attached to a fork in it's mouth, and is being held over the flame on the stove. Here, my host mom is singeing the feathers off of the rest of the body. And in the last picture, I convinced my host mom to let me take a picture of her as well, although first she had to set the chicken down, run to the mirror to brush her hair, and then come back to continue the process. She just wanted to look frumos (beautiful) for the picture. She's so great! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Anna I MISS you. We were trying to remember the word zeama and your fabulous photo of the chicken head came up when I did the search! Visit us THE MINUTE you get back. The L Show & JD...

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home