Monday, April 03, 2006

Fun in Balti

Well after that long week, it was nice to come back to my own room and bed. But it was also fun because within a week, four other volunteers had come to visit my village and spend the night. These last three pictures are from the most recent visit from three volunteers, Dan (the guy whose birthday party I went to) Chris, and Jessica. We wandered around the nearby city of Balti with another volunteer that lives there (Ari), and he showed us where a small amusement park was. We had a lot of fun on the Ferris wheel, and got some great pictures. This first one is of me and Jess. The second one was a view of an orthodox church from the Ferris wheel, and the third is of Ari (his back is to the camera), Jess, myself, and Dan at the amusement park. That was a fun day! Now, I'm settling in for a few weeks and actually trying to get some stuff done here in my village. I'm excited to add that the weather seems to actually be warming up a bit! Dare I hope? I even went for a run this morning! Is Spring finally here?!? I feel like I should knock on wood or something before another snowfall hits us!  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home