Friday, January 20, 2006

Businesswoman

Meet Svetlana. She's one of the three members of the NGO I work for. My counterpart's name is Ala, and Svetlana and Ala are both partners in the NGO I work for. However, Svetlana also runs a variety of co-op stores in Recea and the surrounding regions. She's a very successful businesswoman, which makes her an unusual Moldovan woman. Most women are expected to stay at home and tend to the children, the food and the homefront. Svetlana does all the above, and also runs, I think about 9 or 10 stores in all. Most of her employees are female as well. She's a really neat lady, and I enjoy working with her. Here, she's in her office on the second floor of the NGO building. The store on the first floor is one of her co-op stores, and there is a bar next to it that is also one of her co-ops. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home