Friday, January 20, 2006

Alimentara

This is inside the alimentara on the floor below where I work. The cashier and I are good buddies. I stop in here quite often for wafers or candy, and we shoot the breeze as much as my Romanian language limitations allow. When I asked her if I could take her picture, she was afraid she wasn't looking frumos (pretty) enough. But I convinced her it would be a great picture to show everybody back home. After I took the picture, SHE thanked ME!!! She's really sweet. As you can see, most of the store here in Moldova, have everything located behind the counters. It's not very space efficient as there's all this open space in front of the counters that is not used. But I guess it does cut way back on shoplifting. Selection is also limited, but you can get your basics. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home